Deployed from California to New York
Fleets save money with safer, more reliable trucks
Orange EV’s commercially deployed fleet of pure-electric terminal trucks has achieved unparalleled milestones in the industry and is working in container handling operations from California to New York, through harsh northern winters and hot southern summers. The deployed fleet is in the field, every day, meeting the most rigorous duty cycles and 24x7 shift schedules. As of April 2019, the Orange EV fleet surpassed 246,000 “key on” hours and 790,000 miles.
Fleets have shared their success with, and preference for, Orange EV’s 100% electric terminal trucks. The following examples are a fraction of Orange EV's fleet deployments:
- Leading supplier of intermodal ramp services: Re-ordered nine trucks to be deployed in intermodal rail yards in Chicago and New York.
- Carson, California transportation services firm: Deployed five (5) Orange EV terminal trucks, the first commercially-deployed, 100% electric Class 8 trucks directly supporting the California ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
- Truck services facility in Oakland, California: The first to operate a commercially-deployed 100% electric Class 8 truck in the Port of Oakland.
- Logistics operation based at the Port of Oakland: Deployed their Orange EV electric to pull containers, 53-foot vans, flatbeds, and large, heavy, out-of-gauge cargo.
3rd Party Logistics
- The world’s leading contract logistics provider: Shared its experience and cost savings with Orange EV trucks in its 100% electric Chicago-area terminal truck fleet, and was named “Green Fleet of the Month” by Fleet Owner Magazine due to GoGreen initiatives including Orange EV deployments.
Warehouse & Distribution
- Rochester, New York distribution center: Became the first McDonald’s distributor to deploy a 100% electric Class 8 truck.
- Logistics solutions firm headquartered in Buffalo, New York: Deployed its Orange EV truck to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and help achieve sustainability goals.
- Schenectady, New York area manufacturer: Powers its Orange EV truck with solar energy generated onsite.
- Oakland, California manufacturer: Charges Orange EV truck with on-site solar, using it to load and stage trucks and make local deliveries and pick-ups.
- Western New York county: Deployed two Orange EV trucks to municipal waste transfer stations, becoming the nation’s first county government to introduce 100% electric Class 8 trucks into fleet operations.
- Chicago-area waste transfer station: The subject of a case study for “Making the Case for Electric Waste Transfer Vehicles” in Waste Advantage Magazine.
- Indiana-based logistics firm: Utilizes eight Orange EV electric trucks in spotting operations at customer facilities.
- Illinois-based transportation services company: Deployed Orange EV trucks for a leading manufacturer of consumer packaged goods, providing emission-free yard management services at manufacturing and distribution facilities in Michigan and California.
- Regional midwestern LTL carrier: Deployed Orange EV trucks to reduce dependency on gas/diesel fuel.